During Spring 2015, a group of friends and I will be touring the entire east coast from Key West, Florida to Bar Harbor, Maine, approximately 2,500 miles in total, following the Atlantic Coast route created by the Adventure Cycling Association. This will be a self contained fully loaded bike tour which means I'll be carrying around 45 lbs. or so. I'm looking forward to experiencing the east coast like never before. With this blog, I plan to post pictures as we progress using the BlogPress APP on my mobile phone. Let's see how it goes and wish me luck. On a bike tour such as this, our daily challenges and not necessarily in this order, will be our physical condition, food, shelter, traffic, navigation, and weather. The above picture was taken during my Southern Tier crossing of the U.S. in spring of 2008. Bike touring requires a specific mind set and a passion.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Key West

Cycling before sunrise, we caught an early morning ferry from Ft. Myers Beach to Key West, a three and a half hour cruise along Florida's beautiful coastline. Key West was busier than ever with 3 cruise ships at port and college students on spring break, hence, the downtown sidewalks and streets were overflowing with people and traffic. Lucky for us as we were staying at the Navy Lodge located 3 miles from downtown Key West, offering us a quieter coastal experience.




























Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




No comments:

Post a Comment